Unique Student Identifier
Since 1 January 2015 everyone enrolling in an accredited training course in Australia must obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI). For more information see the Government Fact Sheet: “Student Information for the Unique Student Identifier” available at the Government USI website www.usi.gov.au/students
If you are an international, overseas or an offshore student please visit: www.usi.gov.au for more information.
The USI is linked to National VET Data Collection and this means your recognised training and qualifications gained anywhere in Australia, from all Registered Training Organisations, will be kept all together for your record.
Creating your own USI
You must create your own USI to be enrolled in any accredited training course. It’s easy and free to create your USI online. It will take only 5-10 minutes of your time. Before you go the website make sure you have at least one, preferably two forms of ID ready… Australian passport, drivers licence, Medicare card, Immi card or Visa for international students with foreign passports.
Create your own USI now: www.usi.gov.au
With a USI you will be able to:
- view and update your details in your USI account
- give training organisations permission to view and/or update your USI account
- give training organisation access to view your transcript of units
- control access to your transcripts; and
- view online and download your training records from 2015 onwards. Your results will be in the form of a transcript which may help you with job applications.
Sending your USI to us
Once you create your USI you need to give Human Resource Training permission to use it, so we can enrol you.