- About US
- Government Funding
- Contact Us
Human Resource Training (including its, authorised representatives, consultants, management and staff) are subject to certain legislative and regulatory requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 and ensures compliance with the ustralian Privacy Principles (2014). These requirements govern our procedures of obtaining, using and holding information that personally identifies you and/or contains information or assessments of units from you (“personal information”).
VET Student Privacy Notice
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Human Resource Training is required to collect personal information about students who may enrol with us to undertake nationally recognised training and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on our enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by HR training for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. HR training may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
- School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
- Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET Transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
As a student undertaking nationally recognised training, you may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third-party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information will be collected whenever you complete the enrolment form via this web site or via other documents that you may submit to HR training.
The types of personal information collected may include:
- personal and contact details
- proof of identification
- employment information where relevant
- academic history
- Language Literacy and Numeracy proficiency for students
- background information collected for statistical purposes about prior education, schooling, place of birth and disabilities
- training, participation and assessment information
- fees and payment information
- ID information required for the issuance of a USI.
Why do we collect personal information?
Our ability to provide clients with a comprehensive service is dependent on obtaining certain relevant information about you. We cannot communicate with clients who remain anonymous or do not provide us with sufficient information to conduct normal training and assessment business procedures.
Human Resource Training is a Registered Training Organisation approved by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) to deliver vocational training and education services. Under the authority of the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 HR training is required to collect personal information from participants as a condition of our registration. Human Resource Training only collects and stores information that is directly related to its business purposes and legal requirements of providing nationally recognised training and assessment. We also collect and use personal information for business development, planning and marketing of our services.
How do we collect personal information?
HR training may collect personal information from you in person, in writing, by telephone, through our website and by other electronic communication channels. We will only collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means, without being unreasonably intrusive.
HR training will treat your personal information as confidential and will at all times seek to ensure that the personal information collected and held by us is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
HR training will not use or disclose personal information collected for any purpose other than:
- The purposes for which it was provided or secondary related purposes in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure;
- Where the client has consented to such disclosure;
- Where the Australian Privacy Principles (2014) authorise use or disclosure where required or authorised under law, in circumstances relating to public health and safety and in connection with certain operations by or on behalf of an enforcement body;
- For internal operations (including accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development and testing, staff training and monitoring);
- Other entities HR training may use for outsourcing the administration of the services provided to the Client
Internet cookies are small strings of text placed on your hard drive during the exchange of data that happens when your browser (such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Firefox) opens a website. Cookies allow a website to store information on your machine and retrieve it later. They remember preferences you enter and tailor a site to suit your needs. Cookies have no way of disclosing your name or any personal information.
- The cookies store the session history. This storage lasts in your browser’s memory while the browser is active. The session information is deleted within 24 hours of your last site access.
- When you log in to our Learning Management System (LMS) with your user ID and password, the system uses the cookie to determine if you have already supplied your user ID and password and can store and remember this information for use at another time.
Usually most browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies. You can adjust your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when they are being used however it is important to be aware that rejecting cookies may limit the functionality of our website.
Human Resource Training will not use this information to identify users or their browsing activities except under the conditions stated above.
Who will use your personal information at Human Resource Training?
To ensure that clients receives a personal and tailored service, personal information is used by HR training authorised representatives to enrol, contact, assess and create credentials.
Access to and correction of the personal information we have collected about you?
- Individuals have the right to access or obtain a copy of the information that HR training hold about you including personal details, contact details, information relating to course participation, progress, AQF certification and statements of attainment issued to advise of any errors or changes.
- Requests to access or obtain a copy of the records held about an individual must be made by completing the “Student Request Access and Amendment to Records” form (QA-SRAAR). Evidence of your identity will be required prior to providing access.
- Where it is established that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, HR training will correct it.
- HR training will endeavour to respond to any request for access and/or correction within 14 days depending on the complexity of the information and/or the request. Please also tell us if your request is urgent.
- There is no charge for an individual to access the records that HR training holds; however, there will be a charge for any copies made which will be based on our costs (internal and external) in locating the information and the form of access the client requires. The fee charged for your request will be given to you when we reply to your request by using the QA-SRAAR form.
How is your personal information stored?
All information is in electronic format and is protected through the use of access passwords and backed up and stored securely.
When you cease to be a client of HR training, any personal information that we hold about you will be maintained securely for the designated period of at least thirty (30) years in order to comply with VET legislative and professional requirements.
What if I want more information or have a complaint or concern?
Human Resource Training
PO Box 503
Samford Queensland 4520
Phone: 07 3289 4444
Email: [email protected]aining.com.au