The purpose of this policy is to show how Human Resource Training protects the privacy of all stakeholders who Human Resource Training interact with – participants/students, employers, clients, staff, trainer/assessors, suppliers, Government departments and any other personnel who may come in contact with Human Resource Training. Human Resource Training is strongly committed to ensuring it complies with all applicable privacy regulations and especially in relation to how Human Resource Training uses and manages personal information.
This policy relates to all information collected by Human Resource Training and applies to the collection, use, storage, disclosure and access of stakeholders to personal information.
In this policy personal information is any information (fact or opinion) that readily identifies a person:-such as name, address, age, payroll number, education standards/qualifications, physical characteristics, employment history, financial status, licence number, religion, health information or relationship details.
1. Ensure that personal information is protected against loss, unauthorized assess use, modification or
disclosure, and other misuse.
2. Collect personal information form any individual for the purposes of the contract; provide a notice to the
individual in the form and manner advised by State Training Authorities.
3. Not use personal information other than for the purposes on the contract, unless required or authorized by
4. Not disclose personal information without the written agreement of Director of Human Resource Training
unless required or authorized by law.
5. Ensure that only authorized personnel have access to personal information.
6. Immediately notify the Director of Human Resource Training it becomes aware that a disclosure of personal
information is, or may be required or authorized by law.
7. Make its employees, agents and contractors aware of the Human Resource Training’s obligations under this
8. Comply with changes to the Privacy Act and such other privacy and security measures as State Training
Authorities reasonably advise in writing from time to time.
Why do we collect personal information?
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2020 Human Resource Training is required to collect personal information from students who enrol with us to undertake nationally accredited training in order to process enrolments, obtain information required to provide suitable training & assessment services and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER). Where applicable, information is required to comply with AVETMISS standards as specified by government regulators.
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on our enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by Human Resource Training for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. Human Resource Training may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
· School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship
· Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer
· Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies: such as Australian
Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training DESBT)
· National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER)
· Organisations conducting student surveys and
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
· issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET Transcripts;
· facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
· understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
· administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
What personal information do we collect?
The type of information Human Resource Training collects and holds can include personal details and sensitive information about participant/students before, during and after the course of a student’s enrolment at Human Resource Training: clients, staff, trainers/assessors, suppliers and any other personnel who come into contact with Human Resource Training on a casual basis.
The types of personal information collected may include:
· personal and contact details
· proof of identification
· employment information where relevant
· academic history
· Language Literacy and Numeracy proficiency (for students)
· background information about prior education, schooling, place of birth, disabilities or health issues (that may
affect the student’s ability to undertake training and/ or assessment activities)
· training, participation and assessment information
· fees and payment information
· ID information required for the issuance of a USI
Human Resource Training collects personal information from documents supplied by participants/ students at enrolment.
Human Resource Training also collects personal information from Trainers & Assessors, administration staff from documents they may have supplied with their employment application.
How do we collect personal information?
Human Resource Training may collect personal information from you in person, in writing, by telephone, through our website and by other electronic communication channels. We will only collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means, without being unreasonably intrusive.
Human Resource Training will treat your personal information as confidential and will at all times seek to ensure that the personal information collected and held by us is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Human Resource Training will not use or disclose personal information collected for any purpose other than:
· The purposes for which it was provided or secondary related purposes in circumstances where you would
reasonably expect such use or disclosure
· Where the client has consented to such disclosure
· Where the Australian Privacy Principles (2014) authorise use or disclosure required or authorised under
law, in circumstances relating to public health and safety and in connection with certain operations by or on
behalf of an enforcement body
· For internal operations (including accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems
development and testing, staff training and monitoring)
· Other entities Human Resource Training may use for outsourcing the administration of the services
provided to the Client
Internet cookies are small strings of text placed on your hard drive during the exchange of data that happens when your browser (such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox etc) opens a website. Cookies allow a website to store information on your machine and retrieve it later. They remember preferences you enter and tailor a site to suit your needs. Cookies have no way of disclosing your name or any personal information.
· The cookies store the session history. This storage lasts in your browser’s memory while the browser is
active. The session information is deleted within 24 hours of your last site access.
· When you log in to our Learning Management System – Online Campus with your user ID and password,
the system uses the cookie to determine if you have already supplied your user ID and password and can
store and remember this information for use at another time.
Usually most browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies. You can adjust your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when they are being used however it is important to be aware that rejecting cookies may limit the functionality of our website and online campus.
Human Resource Training will not use this information to identify users or their browsing activities except under the conditions stated above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Human Resource Training uses personal information of its personnel for the purposes of meeting employment or contract requirements including payroll, superannuation and taxation purposes.
Human Resource Training uses personal information of its students for the purposes of meeting Vocational Education and Training (VET) requirements for the awarding of national qualifications, and to comply with reporting requirements where relevant, as specified by government regulators
Personal information as collected through the enrolment form or through other means will be passed on to government regulators as per legal data collection requirements. This personal information may also be accessed for the purposes of an audit by the Australian Skills Quality Authority
Government funded enrolments may require Human Resource Training to release additional personal information to the State of Federal Funding Authority for statistical or payment purposes and is not for public disclosure.
Personnel of Human Resource Training must immediately notify the CEO of Human Resource Training if they become aware of any beach of the above policy. It is then incumbent on Human Resource Training to handle the situation as part of its Appeals, Concerns and Complaints policy(Form QA-ACC).
Access to Personal Information
Under the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and Australian Privacy Principles under The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, any individual has the right to obtain access to any personal information (including personal and contact details, information related to course participation and progress, AQF certification and statements of attainment issued to advise the RTO of any errors.
Any participant/students requiring access to their personal records held by Human Resource Training must complete the Student Request to Access/Amend Records Form No QA- QA-SRA_AR and forward to the Director of Human Resource Training. This form is available upon written request. Evidence of your identity will be required prior to providing access.
Where it is established that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, Human Resource Training will correct it.
Human Resource Training will endeavour to respond to any request for access and/or correction within 14 days depending on the complexity of the information and/or the request. Please also tell us if your request is urgent.
There is no charge for an individual to access the records that Human Resource Training holds; however, there will be a charge for any copies made which will be based on our costs (internal and external) in locating and sending the information and the form of access the client requires. The fee charged for your request will be given to you when we reply to your request by using the QA-SRAAR form.
Updating Personal Information
Human Resource Training endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and current. It is the students’ responsibility to provide up-to-date information to Human Resource Training. Where students wish to update their personal information students are to complete the Student Request to Access/Amend Records form QA-SRA_AR.
Storage and Security of Personal Information
Human Resource Training personnel are required to respect the confidentiality of student’s personal information and the privacy of individuals. Human Resource Training has in place steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by:
· Information stored electronically is backed up nightly and kept on a secure server that is password protected
with access restricted to authorised personnel
· 24 hour Monitored Alarm to the office
· All information and required documentation is stored electronically for a minimum 30 years in order to comply
with VET legislative regulated requirements.
What if I want more information or have a complaint or concern?
Human Resource Training
PO Box 503
Samford Queensland 4520
Phone: 07 3289 4444
Email: [email protected]
For further information
regarding the protection of your personal information and legislative requirements refer to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Links to this legislation: http://www.oaic.gov.au/
Linked Human Resource Training Documents and Forms
· Access & Equity Policy QA-AE
· Record Management Policy QA-RM
· Appeals, Concerns and Complaints Policy QA-ACC
· Student Request to Access/Amend Records Form No QA-SRA_AR
· Course Information Handbook
· Privacy Notice on Enrolment Form
· Privacy Act 1988
· The Australian Privacy Principles under The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012
including 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) 2014
· National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Regulations 2011
· National Vocational Education and Training Regulator (Data Provision Requirements) 2020
· Privacy Amendment Act 2004
· Freedom of Information Act 1982
PRIVACY NOTICE as included on our Participant Enrolment Form
Why we collect your personal information
Under Data Provision Requirements 2020, Human Resource Training is required to collect your personal information so we can process and manage your enrolment in a Vocational Education and Training (VET) course with us and to disclose that information to the NCVER. If you do not wish to provide your personal details & information, then you will not be able to enrol as a student.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to enable us to deliver Nationally Accredited VET courses to you, and otherwise, as needed, to comply with our obligations as an RTO.
How we disclose your personal information
We are required by law (under the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 (Commonwealth) (NVETR Act) to disclose the personal information we collect about you to the National VET Data Collection kept by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER). The NCVER is responsible for collecting, managing, analysing and communicating research and statistics about the Australian VET sector. We are also authorised by law under the NVETR Act to disclose your personal information to the relevant state or territory training authority.
How the NCVER and other bodies handle your personal information
The NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the law, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the NVETR Act. Your personal information may be used and disclosed by NCVER for purposes that include populating authenticated VET transcripts; administration of VET; facilitation of statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage; and understanding the VET market.
The NCVER is authorised to disclose information to the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE), Commonwealth authorities, State and Territory authorities (other than registered training organisations) that deal with matters relating to VET and VET regulators for the purposes of those bodies, including to enable:
- administration of VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation
- facilitation of statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information.
The NCVER may also disclose personal information to persons engaged by NCVER to conduct research on NCVER’s behalf.
The NCVER does not intend to disclose your personal information to any overseas recipients.
If you would like to seek access to or correct your information, in the first instance, please contact your RTO using the contact details listed below.
DESE is authorised by law, including the Privacy Act and the NVETR Act, to collect, use and disclose your personal information to fulfil specified functions and activities. For more information about how the DESE will handle your personal information, please refer to the DESE VET Privacy Notice at https://www.dese.gov.au/
It is more than likely you will receive a student survey which may be run by a government department or an NCVER employee, agent, third-party contractor or another authorised agency. Please note you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
At any time, you may contact Human Resource Training to:
- request access to your personal information
- correct your personal information
- make a complaint about how your personal information has been handled
- ask a question about this Privacy Notice
Human Resource Training
PO Box 503
Samford Queensland 4520
Phone: 07 3289 4444 Email: [email protected]