- About US
- Online Video Training
- Business and Management
- Cleaning Operations & Cleaning Management
- Security and Risk Management
- Training and Assessment
- Transport, Logistics and Driving
- Warehousing and Logistics
- Work Health & Safety (WHS) and OHS
- Professional Short Courses
- Government Funding
- Contact Us
QUEENSLAND USER CHOICE 2018 – 2019
The User Choice program is part of the Queensland Government’s VET Investment Plan and provides public funding for the delivery of accredited, entry level training to apprentices and trainees. Under this program apprentices, trainees and their employers
can select a preferred Registered Training Organisation (RTO) from a list of Pre-Qualified Suppliers for the delivery of accredited training to meet their specific needs. HRtraining is a Pre Qualified Supplier (PQS).
The program works in conjunction with the Commonwealth Australian Apprenticeship System where apprentices and trainees are required to enter into a legally binding training contract with their employers to receive structured training to achieve a nationally
HRtraining can offer preliminary advice on traineeship eligibility and various course options. However, it is the role of Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) to provide specific information on: eligibility, administration services and support to employers
and Australian Apprentices. They assist with the signing of training contracts and also, assess, approve and process the payment of Australian Government incentives to eligible employers, and personal benefits to eligible Australian apprentices. HRtraining
can supply on request a list of Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) in our particular state.
Student Contribution Fees
HRtraining is required to collect a Student Contribution Fee which is calculated at $1.60 per nominal hour for each unit of competency delivered. The total fee will vary according to the range of units selected within each traineeship qualification framework.
A reduced Student Contribution Fee of $0.65 (40% of the normal contribution fee) per nominal hour will apply where the participant falls into one of the following Partial Exemption categories:
- Under the age of 17 at the end of February in the year of training commencement, and the participant is not at school and has not completed year 12;
- Holds a health care or pensioner card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds and health care card or pensioner concession card, and is named on the card;
- The Participant provides HRtraining with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming they, their partner or the person of whom the participant is a dependent, is entitled to concessions under a health care card or pensioner concession card; or
- An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person. Acceptable evidence is a stated on the Training Contract and Enrolment Form.
Exemptions for Student Contribution Fees may apply under one or more of the following conditions:
- Where the Fee would cause the participant extreme financial hardship;
- Where Credit Transfer is awarded for a unit;
- Where the participant is a School-based trainee; or
- Where the participant is an Existing Worker trainee.
Under the Queensland Government – User Choice 2018-2019. HRtraining charge the following course fees based on the nominal number of hours of each certificate qualification designed for clients. Example where nominal number of hours is 400:
|Qualification||Nominal Hours||Price $/hour||Student Fee|
|Certificate II in Cleaning CPP20617||400||x||$1.60||=||$640.00|
HRtraining requires payment of Student Contribution Fees and Course Fees in accordance with normal commercial payments terms of 14 days from date of invoice. An invoice outlining these fees will be sent to the client at course sign-up/student enrolment.
HRtraining can negotiate a payment plan to pay student Contribution Fees where the employer / student is unable to pay the full fee upfront prior to commencement of training. If the participant or employer are unable to pay the Student contribution Fee upfront
and elect to pay fees by instalment or payment plan the total contribution fee must be paid prior to the commencement of 70% of the course units.
Refund of Student Contribution Fees:
HRtraining will provide a refund of User Choice Student Contribution Fees for training that has not commenced at the time of cancellation of enrolment. Where a student has commenced a unit of competency but withdrawn prior to completion, no refund will apply.
The refund applied is therefore a proportion of the balance of the Contribution Fee for training that has not commenced at the time of cancellation of enrolment. The proportion of refund is calculated as follows:
Balance of Contribution Fee = $1.60 fee per unit x number of units not commenced = Total of course refund $